This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Rollback Process on Connection Timeout or Blackout

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I got a question regarding the plugin from Melbourne CRM user group.The question was about the process when there is connection timeout. How the tool handles that? Is there any roll-back process?
Aug 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM
There is no automatic roll back process. But, it was designed to be able to run any step in the process when needed. So lets say you have a timeout removing the local attribute, the tool will error, and you'll have to look at the logs, see where it error-ed, and run the tool again from that step, by unchecking the previous steps. Most likely the timeout would happen during the actual data migration. Because of this, I've added code in the last release to only retrieve the entities that need to be updated, so if 8000 out of 20000 entities are updated before a timeout occurs, starting on that step, will start updating entity 8001, instead of starting all over.

Make sense?
Marked as answer by hulk2484 on 8/11/2014 at 6:51 AM
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Did that answer your question andz88?
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Yep, thanks for clarifying!
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:51 PM
If you have any better suggestions, I'd love to hear it, but I think that's the best that can be expected, working within the limitations of the SDK.